Sensor Technology Course includes:
- 10 hours of on-demand video
- 25 modules sequenced for self-paced learning
- 40+ hands-on projects with robotics kit
- Full lifetime access, with regular updates
- Robotics kit dispatched to your doorstep
- Access on mobile, laptop and TV
- Certificate of completion
- Prerequisite: JumpStart
StepUp – SenseBot is an intermediate level program in sensor technologies, Arduino projects, Snap! programming and internet of things (IOT). You can also call it Sensor Technology Course. We have stepped into the ‘smart’ era. Increasingly sensors are part of our daily lives – from smart TVs to smart phones, from smart wearables to intelligent cars – sensors make our everyday lives easier.
Smart watering for your balcony garden. In our busy lives, how can we keep track of watering the plants? Well, with SenseBot, kids can monitor the moisture levels in plants by using soil moisture sensor. When moisture level drops below a threshold, an automated motor can be triggered on to pump water to the starving plants!
Smart alcohol detection to avoid ‘drunken driving’! Drunken driving is a menace, we can do without. With SenseBot, kids can create an alcohol detection module that can alert when the gas sensor senses alcohol in the close vicinity. The same sensor can also be used to monitor gas leakage.
Both above projects are just preview to the many interesting projects kids can learn and perform with StepUp course. When these sensors or dumb terminals are connected to internet, they talk! Imagine the soil moisture sensor sending you an alert to your smart phone. Even better, letting you control how much water to pump through a mobile app. Now thats Internet of Things (IOT) in practice.
SenseBot comes with an Arduino Mega 2560 micro controller, a Modo customised shield, a sturdy metal chassis, a pair of BO motors and wheels, and a battery pack. Included in the kit are 9 sensors and a servo motor pack.
Prerequisite: Kids who have completed Modo JumpStart course are ideal to enroll in StepUp. Or kids who have completed basic robotics program using an Arduino board and a good understanding of programming modules like Scratch.
Level: StepUp is the 2nd level in Modo’s BlendEdu curriculum framework.
- StepUp has 25 modules, which are well-researched and compiled by educational specialists to provide a comprehensive learning that is suitable for young achievers.
- StepUp can be completed online, with anytime, anywhere access to the course.
- Every enrollment in the course includes a customised SenseBot for hands-on projects and activities.
- In StepUp, we introduce Snap! programming tool. Its an advanced block-based programming tool suitable for kids who know Scratch.
- Online support is available throughout the week between 8am to 8pm, through live chat, telephone, email.
- Lectures 58
- Quizzes 21
- Skill level Intermediate
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes
MODULE 1 : Understanding Electronic Components
MODULE 2 - Working on Circuits
MODULE 3 - Algorithms & Flowcharts
MODULE 4 - Algorithms & Flowcharts - Activities
MODULE 5 - Snap! Programming - Part 1
MODULE 6 - Snap! Programming - Part 2
MODULE 7 - Snap! Programming - Part 3
MODULE 8 - Snap! Programming - Part 4
MODULE 9 - Arduino & Snap4Arduino
MODULE 10 - Sensor Technologies
MODULE 11 - Assembly of the kit
MODULE 12 - Programming the Servo Motors with Snap!
MODULE 13 - Programming the Ultrasonic Sensors with Snap!
MODULE 14 - Programming the IR Sensors with Snap!
MODULE 15 - Programming the Light Sensors with Snap!
MODULE 16 - Programming the Sound Sensors with Snap!
MODULE 17 - Understanding PIR Motion Sensor & Colour Sensor
MODULE 18 - Programming the Soil Moisture Sensors with Snap!
MODULE 19 - Programming the Touch Sensors with Snap!
MODULE 20 - Programming the Gas Sensors with Snap!
MODULE 21 - Programming the Temperature Sensors with Snap!
MODULE 22 - Programming the Magnetic Sensors with Snap!
MODULE 23 - Introducing Internet of Things (IOT)
MODULE 24 - Multi Sensor Assembly in SenseBot
MODULE 25 - SenseBot Capstone Project