Snap! Programming for Kids
More power packed! More lessons!!
This Programming for Kids course includes:
- 2 hours of on-demand video
- 13 lessons sequenced for self-paced learning
- 10+ hands-on projects with Snap! coding
- Full lifetime access, with regular updates
- Access on mobile, laptop and TV
- Certificate of completion
- Prerequisite: None
WELCOME TO LEARN2CODE FOR SNAP!
Learn2Code is an initiative by Modo to introduce kids to the world of block-based programming. This short course is designed to engage young minds and keep them creatively occupied, while helping them to develop mathematical and computational thinking early on.
Snap! is a block-based educational programming developed by students at University of California, Berkeley. Though inspired by Scratch, Snap! has many advanced features. Its an ideal stepping stone for students who have played with Scratch in the past.
By the end of this course, you will be familiar with:
- Introduction to Snap! programming
- User interface elements
- Script area, controls and Sprite corral
- Creating, saving and loading projects
- Scripting with blocks
- Reporting position of Sprite on Stage
- Hat and command blocks
- Functionality of commonly used blocks
- Drawing polygons
- Script and global variables
- Looping with counter using variables
- Building your own block
- Introduction to lists
Go ahead! Enroll now and Snap! instantly.
- Lectures 13
- Quizzes 4
- Skill level Intermediate
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes
MODULE 1 - Snap! Programming
MODULE 2 - Scripting with Snap!
MODULE 3 - Variables in Snap! Programming
MODULE 4 - Build-your-own-block with Snap!